Monday, October 1, 2012

Faster than Disaster Eh?

So, since my last blog, already to much to be able to remember has occurred. First, I went to Midnight Rodeo again, and this time was a pretty crazy night. It began and ended real quick. It consisted of me getting dressed up in some shorts, a off the shoulder shirt and cowboy boots... which is like the so called "uniform" at this place. So I end up driving myself there to meet a friend of mine around I'd day 12:45. So ID in my pocket and 10 dollars for cover and drinks... I find a parking spot right outside the bar.. and already know this is too good to be true. Not a minute later I arrive at the door ready to party and have a good time... but the bouncers clearly had something else in mind. That being them thinking I had a fake ID. Joy of Joys, nothing like being alone at bar standing outside while people stare at you, and you quickly become surrounded by officers, officials, and receive interrogation 101. But it doesn't end there after a few minutes of me answering questions... Im then asked to walk to my car and get credit cards to prove I have other things with my name on them. So I walk back to my car grab my credit card as well as my previous student ID to prove yet again I am the person I say. The deliberation continues and ends up with me hearing that they are confiscating my ID. At this point, I'm freaking and it's around 1:35 or so no..... of which the bar closes at 2. So I sat you if this is a huge deal you can hold my id and I wont drink, I just wanted to say hi to my friend before the bar closes! Apparently that was the worst thing I could have said because then it turned into a speech about how I'm definitely not 21 or I wouldn't have said that.  (I should mention the bar is 18 and up) I mean I understand there point I guess... other than I'd spent around an hour with them at this point and the bar was closing in another 30 minutes. I tell them to run my plates or license or whatever.. and thankfully they grabbed a police officer at this point.  I walk off to the side with the officer who then calls someone I imagine a office or maybe another police officer and reads them off my card number... and cleared I was fine... shocking not. I am 22. I was never worried, just aggravated to spend my evening like that. I finally made it in after a few more jabs by one of the bouncers about him thinking I was underage, pay my cover and walk over to bar to grab a drink. I order a rum and diet, turn around to face the dance floor and am greeted by a policeman. I hear "I need to see your license again". . . at this point I really was about to start bawling. As I reach into my pocket I realize it was the same officer who had been outside, and he was totally just kidding!  He had not gotten to experience the whole process I had to go through he just came out in the end when they called him over and I was like I'm 22, and he was super nice, called it in, took like 10 seconds and let me in the bar! So I dont think he even realized his little joke wasn't really all that funny! I then walk towards the dance floor and begin looking for my friend. A guy comes out of no where and is trying to talk to me and get me to dance, at this point I really just wasn't in the mood and wanted to find my friend and just have fun with him and his friends. I see him, and he looks at me like he has no idea who I am... walks past me, and I brush my hand against his arm and am like Hey... do you know who I am? I am then slightly acknowledged... and he walks away. After the night I had a greeting like I experienced really was the icing on the cake to my crap night. I end up dancing one dance with the "random" i'd met there, then got in my car and left. All of this occurring within a 5 minute period of me having walked in. Surely not worth the hassle I dealt with to get there. I get in the car turn on my GPS and start driving home. I'm replaying the night in my head, and the whole license situation.... little do I realize my GPS screen has frozen and I drive 20 minutes into the middle of the country. My phone vibrates and I see a text from a random number......... of course, its the guy who I was supposed to meet texting me from his friends number asking me to dance (the guy who acted like I didn't exist when I showed up)! HA Yeah. SO now I've left the bar, am lost, and get that text. I didn't answer, reset my GPS, drove home and went to sleep! Friday I went to the movies with my roommates and one of our friends and we went and saw "The Possession." That evening we got a note from the apartment across from ours saying they were having a party, and to text or call them if we had a noise complaint. Well I took that as an invite. HA... so I walk outside to go to my car to grab a shopping bag and see someone going into the party,  end up seeing some people outside the party and they basically tell my friend and I to come on in... so we did. The party wasn't much, but I guess it made for my no planned evening more exciting than it would have been otherwise.  Saturday was fun, I'd make contact with a friend who plays in a band here from back home, and he had invited me to his show. I had a bit of a miscommunication and got the time of his show mixed up. My roommates and I completed our INSANITY workout, took showers and drove to San Marcos to check out the outlets. We had a good time shopping and then I headed back to go to my friends show. I end up rushing to get dressed and ready, get in the car drive downtown pay for parking, walk to the bar and get a text from my friend saying the show is an hour and half from the time it was right then. Now downtown alone, I'm pretty clueless about what to do... I'm all for having a good time, but I was alone, was going to be driving home, and didn't know anyone. I turn the corner on 6th street... and am surprised by quite a scene.  I see a guy in red and white dot bikini bottoms, with a box and hat, and a cat, and I quickly become very confused. It was some type of show drag I suppose, I'm really not sure, and then tons of people waiting outside in crazy costumes, and rainbow colored hair.  I end up calling and talking to my sister while walking around downtown searching for the bar, time went my fast as she was reading me a paper she was working on! I get to the bar thankful to not have any ID issues, walk in and enjoy the band that is opening for my friends band. I buy a beer and decide to just kind of hang out... that turns into numerous guys coming up and talking to me and trying to buy me drinks... slightly flattering... but at the same time... I just wanted to see my friends band and then return home to go to a party. His band ended up playing later than I expected but it was an awesome show, and I wanted to wait till the end just to say hey, as I haven't seen him in like 6 years or so. It was nice to see him, and then I headed out, I'm sure him and his gf and I will probably all meet up soon and hang out. I then headed for the parking garage, drove home, and my roommates and I went to a party. It was a good time, not a whole lot of people but a good little celebration for sure. Met some new people, and its always nice to spend time with my roommates. We then came home and called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment